The Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) has announced that SALTEX will be moving to the NEC Birmingham on the 4th and 5th of November for the 2015 event – which also marks the 70th anniversary of the show.
The new venue and date will allow SALTEX 2015 to attract a wider range of exhibitors from turfcare and amenity suppliers and specialist machinery manufacturers – for both natural and artificial sportsturf, contractors, landscaping suppliers and playgrounds. The educational seminars will combine practical tips on all groundscare and green space management issues from an impressive line-up of industry experts.
Speaking on behalf of the IOG board, Geoff Webb, CEO of the IOG commented: “The IOG board has been looking at ways to improve the format and overall experience of SALTEX for visitors and also create maximum benefit for exhibitors. After evaluating all options, we have decided it’s time to change the date and venue to meet the demands of the industry going forward.”
The NEC is one of Europe’s leading indoor exhibition and event centres. Centrally located, it will attract more visitors and exhibitors from a wider national and international audience. The NEC has extremely well connected transport links with more than 75% of the UK population situated within just three hours of the venue.
SALTEX 2015 will be better than ever and remain the UK’s largest exhibition of groundscare and landscaping products and services featuring a wider range of educational seminars and turf debates, the unique ‘Ask The Expert’ clinic, and for the first time, will combine with the IOG’s annual conference and awards events.
SALTEX 2015, at its new location, will bring information, innovation, expertise and insight at every turn for both visitors and exhibitors from across the UK and beyond.
SALTEX 2015 – summary of benefits:
– A world class, national and international facility – accessible to visitors from home and abroad with 75% of the UK population located within just three hours of the NEC
– More than just an exhibition – an extended range of educational seminars, and turf debate clinics are planned
– Better time of year – for groundsmen, greenkeepers, landscapers, local authorities, schools, colleges, universities and contractors, as well as exhibitors
– Bringing the industry together – the IOG’s two key events of the year: the industry’s largest exhibition and the IOG’s prestigious annual conference and awards
Further information will be announced at SALTEX 2014, which is being held at Windsor Racecourse from 2nd – 4th September.
For more news, reviews and insightful views, you can follow SALTEX on Twitter @IOG_SALTEX and visit the website at www.iogsaltex.com
- Note to press: Further information will be announced at SALTEX 2014, on the 2nd and 3rd September. For more information please refer to the timetable of events below:
|Initial Announcement||21st August 2014||09:00|
|Exhibitor Event||2nd September 2014||17:15|
|Press Event||3rd September 2014||08:30|